Tax payments by the end of the year
Here below we intend to summarize the next deadlines for the payment of taxes and social security contributions.
- November 30th, 2018: second or only installment of direct taxes and social security contributions for 2018 calculated on the basis of Income and IRAP 2018×2017 models
The payment of the second or only installment can be determined with two different methods:
- historical method: the payment is calculated by applying a percentage to the calculated taxes of the previous year;
- forecast method: the payment could be lower, if compared to the amount due with the historical method) if it is presumed to achieve an income and therefore a taxation 2018 lower than in 2017. If the provision is incorrect (payment lower than the amount due on the basis of the income obtained in 2018) a sanction for insufficient payment is applicable, unless the payment is done by paying little sanctions by voluntary tax correction.
- 17 December 2018: IMU and TASI balance for the year 2018
For both local taxes the tax is payable proportionally to the quota of possession and to the months of possession (for this purpose, the month during which the possession has lasted for at least fifteen days it is fully computed), and is subject to variations if subjective changes (acquisitions, sales, etc.) and objective changes (land registry, unavailability, restructuring, etc.) of the properties have taken place during the year.
- 27 December 2018: VAT down payment 2018
The payment of the VAT payment is calculated as follows:
- Historical method: the down payment is calculated on the 88% of the debit balance (gross of the down payment paid in December 2017) resulting from periodic settlements:
- of December 2017 for monthly taxpayers;
- the last quarter of 2017 for quarterly taxpayers.
The amount of the down payment will be deducted from the periodic VAT payment for the month of December (monthly taxpayers) or at the time of the annual declaration (quarterly taxpayers).
- Alternative methods of calculating the down payment
As an alternative to the historical method, it is possible to opt for the application of the “forecast method” or the “method of operations carried out”. These methods may determine a lower down payment of VAT if it is expected that the revenues for the month of December or, for the quarterly taxpayers, of the last quarter of the current year are lower than those that have been produced in 2017.
Finally, would point out that that the following limitations are applied to payments done by F24 form:
|F24 form||Soggetto||Modalità di pagamento|
|F24 with zero balance compensation||Both private persons and business||Entratel or Fisconline|
|F24 with compensation and debit balance||Business||Entratel or Fisconline|
|F24 without compensation and debit balance||Private persons||Free (even at the bank)|
|F24 with compensation and debit balance||Entratel o Fisconline or Home banking|