New Development Contracts concerning “Strategic production chains” and “Renewables and Batteries”: opening soon to submit the application
On March 25th, 2022, Italian Ministry of Economic development has issued two Directorial Decrees setting the dates for application for funding in order to implement development project in accordance with the investment achievement of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP).
The above-mentioned Decrees refer to applications for subsidies to carry out either:
- Development Contracts for the implementation of Investment 5.2 “Competitiveness and resilience of production chains” of the NRRP, in accordance with the Ministerial Decree of January 13th, 2022;
- Development Contracts for programmes consistent with the purposes of Investment 5.1 “Renewables and Batteries” of the NRRP, as set out in the Ministerial Decree of January 27th, 2022.
Regarding the Contracts mentioned on the first bullet point, applications must relate to the set-up of development programmes concerning strategic production chains focused on the country’s economy, such as:
- Agro industry
- Design, fashion, and furniture
- Microelectronics and semiconductors
- Metal and electromechanics
- Chemical/pharmaceutical sector
The available budgets for these projects will amount to EUR 750 Million.
Regarding the Contracts mentioned on the second bullet point, the Decree establishes that they must refer to technologies for the generation of energy from renewable sources, with detailed reference to:
- PV tech (i.e. PhotoVoltaic panels)
- Wind industry
- Battery industry
The resources allocated for the implementation of this investment amount to EUR 1 Billion.
For both investments, the open day of the application facility is set for April 11th, 2022 (starting at 12 a.m.); The closing date is set for 5 p.m. on July 11th, 2022.
Applications must be submitted, under penalty of nullity, to Invitalia S.p.A., in accordance with the forms provided in the special section on the Invitalia’s website, and in compliance with the requirements laid down for the financial support of NRRP.
Please click please click on the following link for full details and information on how to submit your application.